Published to Ghost producer of the month on Jan 01, 2018
Every month House of Tracks puts one of their producers in the spotlight.
This month we talked to the 20-year old Kazakhstan producer Origami Records, who currently lives in Moscow (Russia).
His plans for the near future are to create a musical studio and teach others how to produce.
"I would love to share my experience."
1. Why did you start producing music?
"I have been making music since I was young.
I always enjoyed it and it was more of a hobby to me.
But as time passed I got interested in doing it professionally and so I did."
2. Do you have a mentor and if yes, who?
Or maybe you went to a school to learn more about producing?
Tell us all!
"I taught myself everything.
I was always experimenting with music and it led me to producing."
3. Who is/are your favorite producer(s)?
"I like the productions of SRNO, Ta-Ku, KAYTRANADA, Louis The Child, Skrillex, Don Diablo, Metro Booming and Flume."
4. What did you learn from them?
Their sound made me learn about sound design in general."
5. What genre do you produce and why?
"I try not to limit myself to only one genre or put any limitations on my creations.
That’s why I write music in a variety of different styles, such as future house, future bass, pop, bass house, trap and downtempo."
5. What are your plans and ambitions for the near future?
I would love to share my experience."
6. Tell us why you like House of Tracks and the chance we give producers?
"Your platform offers an opportunity for me to experiment with different genres and sounds and to keep experimenting with music in general.
That's what I love most about it."
7. Why do you think that ghost producing is a good thing?
8. Tell us about the gear we can find in your studio.
What items are still on your wish list?
In the near future I plan to purchase a UAD-2 Satellite and Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO."