Published to Ghost producer of the month on Feb 07, 2017
Every month House of Tracks puts one of their producers in the spotlight. This month we talked to the 19-year old Alpha from Mexico.
1. Why did you start producing music?
“I started producing because of the love I have for electronic music. It’s such a special genre of music.”
2. Who is/are your favorite producer(s)?
“My favorite producers right now are Grey - they are absolutely killing it.”
3. What are your plans and ambitions for the near future?
“I see myself touring around the world and having some music companies like my own record label.”
4. Tell us why you like House of Tracks and the chance we give producers?
“I like House of Tracks because it’s a really simple way to make a living of your own music and it generates tons of new opportunities for you in the music industry.”
5. Why do you think that ghost producing is a good thing?
“Because as I said before, it gives the not-so-known producers new and different opportunities to grow in the music industry.”
6. Tell us about the gear we can find in your studio. What items are still on your wish list?
“I have the usual bedroom producer’s setup: a MacBook Pro 13’’, a pair of KRK Rokit 5, a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, a M-Audio Keyrig 25 and a pair of AKG K240 Mkii to produce on the road. Pretty basic setup, you don’t need a lot to produce good music!
7. Do you have a mentor and if yes, who?
“No, I don’t.”